Online open training groups
HortiTech offers online training programs, fit for individual trainees. Together with trainees from all over the world, a training is set up online which can be completed in 2 to 3 months. The initial training program consists of basic cultivation topics, which will give a solid foundation on which to base further knowledge gathering. The program contents for the first cultivation program can be found below.
The 1st 'open training group' program
The training program consists of the following:
- Horticultural assessment and local situation questionnaire
- The assessment is used the determine the level of horticultural knowledge already present. We will use the results to finetune the training program.
- We want to ask you to explain a little about your local situation; why are you looking for this type of training, do you have a greenhouse or plan to have a greenhouse, what type of crops are you interested in, what will be the climate in which you want to grow, etc.
- 11 training sessions of one hour each
- The lesson package will contain the following lessons:
- Greenhouse planning (1 session)
- Cultivation strategy (2 sessions)
- Crop assessment (2 sessions)
- Irrigation strategy (2 sessions)
- Nutrients (1 session)
- Climate control (2 sessions)
- 1 recap lesson
- During this recap session, information from the previous 10 sessions which did not transfer correctly is treated again, as well as any lingering questions.
- Each sessions consists of 55 minutes of focus on general theory and 5 minutes of assignment explanation.
- Each sessions is accompanied by an assignment, which will be sent to the trainees after the session. Within 3 to 4 days, the assignment needs to be completed and sent back.
- Feedback on assignment
- After the trainee has handed in their assignment, the trainer will give feedback to the trainee. It can happen that some of the knowledge didn’t stick, this knowledge will then be repeated at the recap lesson
- Background information (received after lesson)
- Powerpoint with talking points of that session
- Additional reading material, such as website or papers (if applicable)
- Certificate of completion
An ideal group size is around 7. This size enables discussion without losing focus of the topics. Multiple groups can be set up to accommodate multiple entries.
Start of training and duration
The training package will start in the first week of October, 2020. The exact dates of each session will be communicated later on. Additional groups will have varying starting dates.
The duration of the training will be 11 weeks, with one session per week.
The fee for the 1st 'open training group' package is set at €750,00 excluding taxes (if applicable) per trainee. This comes down less than €70,00 per session per trainee.
Applying for the training program
If you are interested in finding out more or want to apply for one of the training spots, don't hesitate to contact us through email@example.com.